The museum has several cars from Canadian systems. Car 2001 was part of a fleet which helped to modernize the Montreal system in the late 1920s. Originally built as a single-ended car, 2001 and its sisters were modified as double-enders in 1933 to operate on lines which did not have a loop at each end. The Montreal system survived beyond many American city systems, lasting until 1959. 2001 was one of several cars which arrived at the museum from Montreal in the early 1960s, and returned to museum operation late in 2015 after hurricane flood and mechanical damage was repaired.