Montreal and Southern Counties was an interurban operation which began in the first years of the 20th Century, connecting the growing Canadian city and the rural countyside to the east. Car 9 was built in 1911 as M&SC was quickly extending their line toward Granby. Always an electric car, No. 9 and its fleetmates closely resemble the steam passenger coaches of the era with high steps, paired windows with stained glass, railroad wheels and heavy, solid construction. M&SC continued to run until 1956, when the rails they used to cross the Victoria Bridge were removed.