VISTOR SERVICES AND ENGAGEMENT ASSOCIATE –
The Shore Line Trolley Museum is seeking an enthusiastic and personable Visitor Services and Engagement Associate to welcome guests, introduce them to our museum, and act as the museum ticket agent and museum store agent. This is a part time, per diem position.
The Shore Line Trolley Museum is located in East Haven and Branford, CT. With approximately 20,000 visitors passing through our doors annually, the museum offers a unique historical experience by giving visitors an authentic trolley ride on the oldest continuously operated suburban trolley line in the United States. We are home to 100 antique electric streetcars, 70,000 photos, and hundreds of archives, the museum is a 501(c) educational non-profit and our grounds are designated as a national historic district. Learn more at shorelinetrolley.org
Job Summary: As a Visitor Experience and Engagement Associate, your primary focus will be to welcome visitors to the museum, and act as the ticket agent and museum store clerk.
With energy and enthusiasm, you will greet locals and tourists, newcomers, returning visitors and members as their first point of contact with the museum. You’ll be handling the ticket window, museum store, and booking private charters and parties. You’ll also be acting as a party attendant, ensuring food orders and other private event accommodations are met.
Museum hours are 11 – 4; the season runs Sat – Sun in June, September – December and expands to Wed- Sun in July and August. Regular weekend work and occasional holiday and early evening availability may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors to the Museum and maintain a friendly, personable, and positive attitude.
- Proactively engage visitors by answering questions, sharing information, listening to guests, and encouraging engagement and connection with the museum content.
- Support the visitor experience of diverse guests, including non-traditional museumgoers and non-English-speakers
- Promote merchandise sales and ring up retail transactions.
- Process point of sale ticketing for museum admission and public programs
- Handle cash, check and credit card transactions
- Answer visitor questions and phone calls
- Stock shelves and keeping store inventory
- Open and close the visitors center and perform light cleaning of the visitor’s center.
- Encourage visitor and guest participation in programmatic activities and special events.
- Encourage guests to follow up with further engagement, including memberships, donations, mailing lists, reviews, and other activities.
- Respond to and resolve visitor complaints and concerns with patience, empathy, and professionalism, including referring visitors to managers or other staff members as needed.
- Help set up and strike signage, exhibits, stanchions, and other components at the beginning and end of the day
- Assist with occasional public programs and events
- Follow all safety protocols for staff, and empathetically assist guests in following guest safety protocols. Be flexible as Covid and other regulations change.
- Participate in ongoing light maintenance procedures, as needed.
- Other tasks as required
Personal and professional qualifications:
- An outgoing personality with the ability to communicate well in public settings.
- Professional and personable demeanor.
- Flexibility and positivity in dealing with new experiences and people.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Experience with, or ability to learn and use, ticketing and POS retail software
- Responsibility in handling cash and credit card transactions
- Reliability, ability to function well as a team member
- Must be available to work Saturday weekend hours as well as some weekdays.
- Prior computer experience and Microsoft Office experience is required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Ability to spend several hours walking and/or standing in indoor and outdoor public spaces.
- Job will require stooping, bending, and carrying weights of up to 30 pounds
Part-time per diem/hourly, 1-4 days per week. Positions are per diem and run from May – December. This is a non-exempt position.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter with “Visitor Experience Associate” in the subject line to email@example.com. Applications without an attached cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
The Shore Line Trolley Museum an equal opportunity employer. Non-traditional applicants and/or those with suitable alternatives to the above criteria are encouraged to apply. The Shore Line Trolley Museum strongly encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in careers related to museums; we seek to foster a collaborative, diverse and respectful work environment.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS –
Please contact us if you would like to know about volunteer opportunities