Most people know the trolley museum has volunteer trolley operators and car restoration folks. But those aren’t the only areas in need volunteers. There are plenty of opportunities at the Shore Line Trolley Museum!
Right now, our seasonal events need people to help make them successful. Set-up, break down, event coordinators and ‘day of’ volunteers helping our visitors feel welcome are all critical components toward the success of these signature events.
Volunteers keep the wheels turning here at the Shore Line Trolley Museum all year long. There are many other positions available that we hope will peak your interest:
- Are you a public speaker? Our newly formed Speakers Bureau will be holding an introductory meeting on Monday, October 23 in the evening. More to follow on this, but in a nutshell, it’s going to outside organizations to spread the word about us and our history. Call for details.
- Do you like to plan events? 2018 is bringing some new and exciting possibilities for new events as well as building on our current special events.
- Seasonal events volunteers are always needed to help make them successful. Set-up, break down, event coordinators and ‘day of’ volunteers helping our visitors feel welcome are all critical components toward the success of these signature events
- Retired educators or those looking to fill some empty summer hours – we’ll really be ramping up our education programs in 2018 and we could really use some volunteers to work on children’s programs.
- Love to tell the story of the trolley but don’t want to run one? That’s OK, too! We have seasonal museum guide positions available.
If none of this appeals to you, there’s still more. Marketing & Communications, IT & telcom, electrical and mechanical enthusiasts, back office and accounting, painters, carpenters, landscape and garden and master gardeners all can find a place to spend some volunteer time at the Shore Line Trolley Museum.
Finally, if you or someone you know has specific knowledge of railroad track work, we have an opening for a volunteer track foreman.
If you’d like to join us, please call the museum at (203)467-6927 or email email@example.com and we hope to see you soon. Whether it’s a few hours a year or a few hours a week your time does make a difference.