Peter Witt was a Cleveland street railway commissioner who studied the economics of street car design and operation.  In 1914, he patented a new design whereby passengers paid and entered through the front door only and exited only through a wide center door, relieving a lot of the slow congestion on busy urban streetcar routes.  Toronto had one of the largest fleets of Peter Witt style streetcars, ordering 575 cars during the early 1920s.  2898 came to the museum after a 40+ year career on the streets of Toronto and regularly hosts special seasonal guests such as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.