VOLUNTEER POSITION – TREASURER
The Treasurer shall cause regular books of account to be kept, and shall render to the Board of Directors, from time to time as may be required, an account of the financial condition of the Corporation, shall deliver an annual report at the annual meeting, and shall perform all other duties properly required of the Treasurer by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer is appointed at the annual meeting of the BERA Board of Trustees to hold office for a one-year term, or until a successor is elected and qualified, and is eligible for re-appointment for additional consecutive one-year terms.
1 Bachelor’s degree in accounting
2 A minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting or related field
3 Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Treasurer. Estimated monthly average hours 10-15
4 Understanding financial accounting for nonprofit organizations is a plus
5 Personal residence within 15 miles of the museum is a plus
- Manages, with the Finance Committee, the Board’s review of, and action related to, the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Works with the Executive Director and bookkeeper to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board on a timely basis.
- Assists the Executive Director and bookkeeper in preparing the annual budget, and presenting the budget to the Board for approval.
- Works with the Finance Committee and the Executive Director to develop Fiscal Policies for recommendation to the Board to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of the organization.
- Works with the Finance Committee and the Executive Director to develop long-term financial strategies.
- Keeps currently informed of legal, regulatory and sector developments relating to the Board’s financial responsibilities.
The Branford Electric Railway Association is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status (including civil union status), national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, mental retardation, learning disability, present or past history of mental disorder, or physical disability including, but not limited to, blindness, unless it is shown that such disability prevents performance of the work involved.
This policy and practice applies to all persons, particularly those who are members of the protected classes identified as being Black, Hispanic, Women and Persons with Disabilities and others such as Asian or Native American, etc.. The Branford Electric Railway Association will implement, monitor and enforce this Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employment Policy Statement and program in conjunction with all applicable Federal and State laws, regulations and executive orders