CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER CONSULTANT
The Branford Electric Railway Association, Inc, a 501(c)3 non-profit educational institution seeks to enter into an 18 month, 16 hr/week contract with a qualified Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a variety of construction projects. Projects include
· Water and sewer pipeline installation and connection to public main
· Build out of electric railway maintenance shop in existing S2 class building including, but not limited to:
o Construction of mezzanine level
o Installation of overhead crane
o Occupancy class change of use
o Interior partitions, electric/lighting, HVAC
· Installation of fire detection and suppression systems in two existing buildings
· Construction of two restroom buildings
· Other items TBD
The project is located in Branford, CT.
Responses to this RFP must be received by the Branford Electric Railway Association, ATTN; Executive Director, 17 River St, East Haven CT 06512 not later than December 27, 2018 at noon.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Women’s Business Enterprises are encouraged to apply.
The Consultant will work directly for the Client and will represent the Client at all times, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and providing monthly reports to the Board of Trustees.
Required services may vary depending on the project but will generally include elements of the following:
· Assist in assembling RFP for the design team, reviewing received proposals and assist in the interview process
· Interviewing engineers that can design piping installations and support systems, fire suppression systems, building modifications for crane, mezzanine and levels
· Assisting the Client in choosing engineers to perform design work
· Interviewing and assisting with client selection of qualified project architect
· Preparing bid documents, specifications, unit pricing, etc. for each project
· Prepare bid packages, hold bid meetings, negotiate retainage rates
· Receive and evaluate bids, recommend contractors for Client approval
· Award projects
· Oversee project schedule created by contractors and approved as part of the bid package by the Consultant and the Client
· Monitor invoices as they arrive, keeping track of project costs reporting to Client on bi-weekly intervals
· Ensure all regulatory inspections are performed as required
· Prepare DECD state reports for CEO approval
· Photo document project progress, provide close out letters and approval to pay.
Firms must provide ALL OF the following in their responses to this RFP:
1. General information and company history
2. Describe at least (3) examples of client accounts currently serviced with the same scope of services as listed in the “Required Services”, and provide a reference (Name, Organization, Phone Number) for each
3. Resumes for individual(s) who will be assigned to service The Branford Electric Railway Association, Inc
4. Explain your approach to problem solving and determining best-value solutions
5. What steps does your firm take to control project costs?
6. How is your firm monitoring and staying ahead of industry trends?
Firm(s) will be selected based on overall quality and completeness of the Contractor’s RFP response, relevance of experience, strength of references, and pricing. The Branford Electric Railway Association, Inc will select firms to attend in-person interviews to determine the best fit between the firm and the needs of the project.